|Written by:||Clarence Leung|
|Date:||28 January 2023|
Lead the local finance team in overseeing City Circle Finance and Accounting Reporting functions and to provide fiscal leadership. Timely and accurate financial information and analysis to help the company meet their profit and cost objectives. Ensure external and internal reporting obligations are satisfied. Actively share knowledge to train and develop team members.
Reporting and key relationships:
- Reports to Head of Corporate and Finance UK
- Key relationships are with:
- Head of Corporate and Finance
- Business Controlling team
- Group Accounting and Consolidation
- Business Partners
- Global finance functions (Legal & Compliance, Tax & Transfer Pricing, Treasury)
- Internal and External Auditors
Financial Planning and Analysis:
- Prepare and deliver monthly Financial dashboards, variance analysis, and information to Key Sales Stakeholders
- Analyze margin data and create margin projections
- Historical data analysis to support the Budget and Forecast processes on sales and operating cost, as well as operating expense (OPEX)
- Ad-hoc reporting and analysis to drive added value through actionable insight
- To oversee all activities of the local finance function, GL, AP, and AR teams, providing leadership and directions. Train & develop the Finance team. Create an environment which inspires and motivates creating a highly engaged team.
- Partner with the senior business support and function managers as appropriate to maintain effective operating cost control, performance management and to minimise financial risk
- Implement City Circle strategy & improve margin transparency.
- Deliver accurate and timely monthly financial reporting including completion of high-quality financial statement preparation, balance sheet account reconciliations, intercompany accounting, balance sheet analyses, P&L analyses, accruals and transactional data analysis. Review key drivers including foreign exchange performance.
- To meet all City Circle division deadlines. Work closely with the finance, Business Controlling, Group Accounting, to ensure all deadlines are met and all requirements fulfilled.
- Reviewing, identifying and improving internal processes and procedures, ensuring that appropriate systems and internal controls are implemented & maintained. Challenge existing processes and make recommendations driving continuous efficiency and improvements.
- Manage local compliance, including external- and internal audits, ICS compliance, statutory filing to external regulatory bodies and tax compliance.
- Support delivery of robust budgets, forecasts, sales outlooks, cash flows, treasury transactions (hedging), compliance and corporate governance.
- Cash flow management, including pro-active AR and AP control, timely collection and payment.
- Assist and participate in ad-hoc Corporate Projects.
- Local books accurate and up to date at all times, including GL postings, depreciation, accruals and provisions
- Balance Sheet management, including reconciliation of all balances
- Local tax and tax filing
- Timely booking of expenses and payments to suppliers etc.
- Complex analysis with large datasets in excel
- Modelling of potential impacts, using assumptions for the data analysis, forward thinking and engagement with key stakeholders
- Ability to handle pressure, and to take appropriate high level assumptions, manage deadlines
- Develop team excellence
- Ensure accuracy and quality of information
- Ensure effective processes and outputs are in place to meet all internal and external deadlines and requirements
- Understand the company systems and structure
- Provide sound initiatives to continuing improve the accounting process and control.
Knowledge, skills and experience
- Education with major in Financial Accounting with at least 3 to 4 years of financial controlling and management reporting (FP&A) experience. Fully qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA (or equivalent) is an advantage
- Flexible approach and have ability to operate within a dynamic global environment
- Experience in HFM, Hyperion, Microsoft Dynamics AX or similar financial ledger and reporting systems desirable
- Experienced Excel (including pivots), Powerpoint, MS Office
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to communicate effectively with all Business Partners
- Excellent attention to detail and high levels of accuracy
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with ability to understand the business and make appropriate recommendations.
- Demonstrate strong technical accounting skills and understanding of accounting principles include local GAAP and IFRS.
- Travel industry experience especially on transportation e.g. coach services is definitely an advantage.
- Need to be very comfortable with numbers, who has the capacity to manage complex information and develop effective solutions
- A clear communicator who is able to deliver solutions, working autonomously under time pressure
- An exact and analytical team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to nurture effective relationships in the team
- Works as part of a wider team player, willing to help out at short notice
- A hands on, deadline driven, pro-active
- Must be trustworthy with highest integrity
- Managing Performance – Align individual objectives with organisational goals and business
strategy and take action to achieve them
- Strategic Decision Making – Identify key market trends, opportunities or organisational capabilities that would bring competitive advantages to the organisation. Draw on experience and/or knowledge to interpret current issues, produce new solutions or services, as well as make calculated decisions
- Analyzing & Conceptualising – Arrive at logical conclusions and decisions by identifying all the relevant information. Includes ability to see the big picture without missing details or linkages
- Customer Focus – Focusing one’s efforts on discovering and meeting both internal and external customers’ needs, building long-term trusting relationships, and partnering to mutual benefit
- Quality & Commitment – Continually demonstrate a commitment for ensuring that our services and products are delivered to high standards of quality and accuracy, which are appropriate and fit for purpose, to meet the demands of our customers
- Embracing Change – Accepting dynamic and changing situations as a challenge and navigating them by being flexible, adapting to ambiguous circumstances
- Communicating – Communicating and presenting in a clear, precise and structured way – listening and building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Dimensions (Indicate in quantitative terms, the key areas on which the job has an impact)
- Financial: Responsible for a company with turnover of approx. GBP 10 million per annum
- Staff: 1-2 staff (including Temp)
- Remit: Country GL/FP&A organization
- Other: Must meet strict monthly close deadlines. Measured for missed deadlines and undeliverable