|Department:||Sales & Reservations|
|Location:||4 Millington Road, Hayes UB3 4AZ|
|Reporting to:||Reservations Manager|
|Principal Contacts:||Internal and External Customers|
City Circle offer a dedicated group travel service to incoming tourism and corporate charter markets from our bases in London and Edinburgh.
The superior service level that our customers recognise time after time comes from making sure we offer the highest quality of coaches, experienced, reliable, and helpful drivers, and a range of services that meet all our clients’ expectations.
Dealing with corporate transport, conferences, product launches, AGMs and ad-hoc or regular requirements to move people between locations City Circle will endeavour to provide the right solution for every client.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Promote contact and manage relationships between the company, its clients, and suppliers.
- Provide day to day management and administration for a range of new and existing clients, including but not limited to quotations, bookings, and amendments.
- Provide administrative support to other team and department members where necessary and as instructed by a senior member of staff.
- Communicate updates and progress of bookings with the operations department to ensure smooth delivery.
- Maintain and update department sales database.
- Adhere to company standards, policies, and procedures.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Promote contact and manage relationships between the company, its clients, and suppliers.
- Communicate regularly and effectively with clients both verbally and via email on all enquiries, ideally responding the same day or at least within 24 hours.
- When responding, ensure the information given is accurate and if unsure check with other team members or research.
- Offer advice and provide “tailor made” solutions to customers new and old
Provide day to day management and administration for a range of new and existing clients, including but not limited to quotations, bookings, and amendments.
- Answering and screening all incoming calls. Receiving calls promptly and efficiently, identifying the caller’s needs and requirements whilst providing the highest level of customer service.
- Working with clients to ensure their needs are met and any alternative solutions or additional services are offered when necessary.
- Telephone, email and website quotations should be dealt with on the same day unless there are operational delays. Replies should be uniform, offering continuity and highlight our superior level of service.
- Quotations are logged daily on the database and all quotations followed up within a week of initial contact. Follow ups should continue with the customer until confirmed or turned down.
- Loading bookings onto the in-house system (coach manager), ensuring all data is entered accurately and displaying the correct abbreviations and grammar. Processing amendments to bookings in a timely manner, whilst ensuring the client requirements are possible with the operations team.
- All filing to be completed daily, this enables other team members to locate bookings and email trails when needed.
Provide administrative support to other team and department members where necessary and as instructed by a senior member of staff.
- It may be necessary from time to time to assist other departments such as operations or finance during busy periods. If this is required, instruction will be provided by your line manager or other senior member of staff.
Communicate updates and progress of bookings with the operations department to ensure smooth delivery.
- All enquiries need to be checked with operations before confirmation is sent to ensure we have the vehicles and drivers available.
- Any additional information provided, such as maps, access or notes for the driver should be communicated to the operations department in advance of the service.
- Queries with access restrictions, routes should be discussed with operations before confirming with the client, if suggested routes or venue access is not possible then an alternative solution should be agreed and offered to the client.
Maintain and update department sales database.
- Part of our marketing is through our website, using platforms such as Google. Therefore, to ensure the success of this and to enable us to obtain full potential and return from these, our sales database must be accurate and updated regularly.
Qualifications, experience & type of individual required:
- Customer Service background.
- Experience of remote and face to face customer contact.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritise own workload.
- Monday – Friday. 09:00-17:30 (1 hour lunch break)
- Flexibility to respond to clients/company needs
- Occasional attendance at annual trade shows, notice and instruction to be given.
- Taking personal responsibility to maintain a clean and tidy environment
- Roster based role consisting of early and late shifts
- Flexibility is a must.
This job description does not constitute a comprehensive list of duties/responsibilities but serves to identify the main responsibilities of the job. The company reserves the right to make amendments to this description as and when the changing the needs of the business so demand. In the event of any question arising on general interpretation of this job description this will be resolved by the managing director.