|Department:||Duty Operations Manager|
|Reporting to:||Operations Manager and Managing Director|
|Manages:||Drivers as directed|
|Principal Contacts:||Internal and External Customers|
Job Context: City Circle Group offer a dedicated group travel service to incoming tourism and corporate charter markets from their bases in London and Edinburgh.
The superior service level that our customers recognise time after time comes from making sure we offer the highest quality of coaches, experienced, reliable and helpful drivers, and a range of services that meet all our clients expectations.
Dealing with corporate transport, conferences, product launches, AGMs and ad-hoc or regular requirements to move people between locations City Circle with endeavour to provide the right solution for each clients.
To assist in the planning, direction and coordination of the day-to-day operations of the organisation by handling logistics and supervising employees to ensure the service promises are delivered at all times. Supervisory responsibility for Operation Duty Managers including mentoring, offering operational procedure solutions.
Working with the Management within City Circle to improve the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of the business through the provision of effective methods and strategies as directed.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure Drivers report for duty on time and in correct uniform standard.
- Procure uniforms on behalf of new and existing Drivers then ensure distribution process is completed.
- Validation of operational procedures and processes across the department.
- Utilise the tracker system to monitor the Drivers and vehicles and by being in contact with them to ensure that they are in the correct position and on time for pick up’s, including checking routes and pre-empting any delays or problems.
- Ensure Drivers are fully conversant with their work tickets and know their route.
- Collate and check the previous day work tickets and either distribute, dealing with or file.
- Following up any late pick-ups, complaints, non-cleaning of vehicle etc with a preliminary interview and recommend whether disciplinary action is needed.
- Maintain compliance with legal and statutory guidelines.
- Establish work schedules, supervise drivers and monitor performance to maintain standards.
- To encourage and nurture the workforce ethics which promotes a team working environment.
- Liaise regarding day-to-day vehicle maintenance issues with the engineering department.
- Build and establish strong relationships with current clients.
- Occasional coach driving.
- Prepare, revise and submit reports and other documentation.
- Check the previous day’s vehicle’s defect sheets and relay any problems to the Engineering department as to whether or not it should be rectified before the vehicle leaves the depot or scheduled for normal routine maintenance.
- Expense sheets should be collated, validated and actioned accordingly.
- People management weekly compliance audits to be undertaken and the relevant paperwork completed.
- Breath tests to be undertaken for both sites as agreed with by the Operations Manager.
- Documentation, distribution and collection of all keys, including fuel keys.
- Project management responsibilities as and when required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- The smooth running of the whole operation by committing to quick response to client needs.
- Production of timely and achievable employee timetables ensuring compliance with financial, legal and quality requirements.
- Producing the appropriate vehicle schedules to ensure downtime is kept to a minimum.
- Excellent customer feedback along with repeat business.
Qualifications, experience & type of individual required:
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Project management experience.
- Be able to handle problems quickly and efficiently.
- Industry relevant experience and understanding.
- Knowledge and experience of organisational effectiveness and operations management.
- Information technology skills.
- Ability to work on shift rota including weekends and on call.
- PCV licence.
- Similar role in coach industry.
- Working knowledge of Coach Manager.
- Roster based role consisting of early and late shifts
- Flexibility is a must.
This Job Description does not constitute a comprehensive list of duties/responsibilities but serves to identify the main responsibilities of the job. The Company reserves the right to make amendments to this description as and when the changing needs of the business so demand. In the event of any question arising on general interpretation of this Job Description this will be resolved by the Managing Director.
Contact City Circle
Contact City Circle and discuss your requirements with our team to shape your perfect journey.